This post is announcing the 1.0 release of the Mozilla External String Guide prompted by bug 494970. This will be the last release by me for the courses OSD600 and OSD700. I have had a great time with these refreshing couple of courses and all the people involved. I look forward to continuing work in the community, even if it is only in my free time. Also I am sure I will be applying the things I have learned here to other open source groups I have always wanted to, but was previously apprehensive about contributing to. That isn’t to say that what I have learned in these courses only apply to open source, I have also learned plenty of things which will apply to work and life.
Since the upgraded fix to the FPPP hasn’t been perfected yet, I have decided to, in 1.0, put the “mostly fixed” version up. All of the static-analysis generated pages have been updated. This seems appropriate for 1.0 because it removes the long standing error in these documents.
Beyond that I have reviewed the main documentation and corrected any errors I could see.
As of now I am not sure whether or not I can actually close the original bug, there is usable documents and references.
Problems up to now
Recently, the only really big complaints I could think of were:
- The FPPP bug, which is now partially fixed and is still being worked on.
- Lack of documentation (conversation) in the static-analysis generated pages, which has pretty much been left hanging towards not being necessary.
As stated in my opening, I do look forward to continuing work in this community. The main documentation may still be missing some parts, without more experience I can’t guaranty a complete work. If I work on some extensions in the future I may be able to see what I might have missed before, but what I will most likely be working on is the static-analysis. The static-analysis is code, and has a distinct end point.